Hot Mix Asphalt
Graniterock materials have been used in the construction industry for over 100 years—an achievement unmatched by any other HMA producer. We produce highly stable and workable commercial mixes that perform for you in the field. Whether paving parking lots or plugging dig-outs, our mixes have plenty of fines that give the job that “tight” look, but we also have just the right amount of coarse aggregate to maintain stability.
Our philosophy of continuous quality improvement has led to years of historical test data collected from our mix designs. We have state and commercial test lab data to meet the challenging demands of any engineering specification. You can count on Graniterock to answer your technical questions and concerns. Our plants are supported by state-of-the-art testing lab equipment on-site at our Research Technical Services division. Our knowledgeable technicians and engineers are available to help you work through difficult technical applications.
Graniterock uses computer-controlled batch and drum plants. But our services extend far beyond providing a more consistent product. For example, Graniterock worked with chemists to develop a non-toxic release agent to replace diesel at all our plants, protecting customers’ truck beds as well as the environment. And Graniterock recycles concrete, asphalt, and emulsions, another way to contribute to a quality environment for our community.
Advantages to Heavy Industrial Paving Customers
• Mixes designed to meet city, Caltrans, Marshall Mix Specifications, and High Stability Mix
• 100% Crushed Aggregate provides greater stability
• Graniterock mixes had proven performance in Caltrans QC/QA and FAA performance jobs.
• High production from 6 plant sites
• Development of custom products such as Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA), rubberized asphalt, and GranitePatch™, a permanent one-step patching material approved by Caltrans and used rain or shine in pothole repair or street patching. All Graniterock’s NRM branches carry a full line of tools and supplies to support HMA projects.