Merchant Road Project
Merchant Road Realignment and Improvements
Owner: Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District
The purpose of this project was to realign Merchant Road, improve the area, and build a new 18,000 square foot parking lot. The job owner is the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District. The parking lot would serve to improve parking and transportation for District employees.
- 330 feet of new road construction for Merchant Road, including
- 1,500 cubic yards of material excavation and removal
- 1,200 tons of baserock
- 550 tons of asphaltic concrete and paving
- 18,000 square foot parking lot construction, including
- 600 cubic yards of material excavation and removal
- 700 tons of baserock
- 480 tons of asphaltic concrete and paving
All the work was done in during a 56-hour area closure, beginning on a Friday evening at 9 pm and concluding the following Monday morning.