Graniterock College Intern Program
Are you looking for a great place to work, learn, and truly be part of the team? From day one at Graniterock you are valued for your ideas and contributions and are made to feel at home. We want your intern experience to be enriching, fun, challenging and a learning experience you can build on each year during college.
Our commitment to quality excellence and customer satisfaction has earned us the nations top business award, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and the distinction of being listed as one of Fortune magazines 100 Best Companies to Work For in America and as a 50 Best Small & Medium Places to Work.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE GRANITEROCK TEAM
- An opportunity to work in a position related to your major or field of interest.
- A chance to apply your academic knowledge to practical experience learned on the job.
- A schedule that allows for the greatest opportunity to learn in a concentrated period of time.
- A chance to meet student interns in a related major from other colleges.
- An opportunity to return to the company for additional experience in other divisions or branches.
- An opportunity to learn valuable business skills that can be applied to future employment opportunities.
- The ability to work in an environment where your ideas are encouraged and valued.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKSEach year Graniterock recruiting teams visit targeted colleges to recruit qualified students for our internship program. Graniterock team members who are graduates of the targeted schools are invited to help recruit students at campus events. We also encourage students to contact us directly either by phone or a personal visit to discuss internship options. Typically, students work during the summer, or part-time during the school year. Each student works closely with a manager who provides orientation, general training, and periodic feedback throughout the internship.
INSIDE AN INTERNSHIP
"I experienced so much at Graniterock while working here over the summer, such as getting to explore the A. R. Wilson Quarry, which sits directly on the San Andreas Fault. Visiting the quarry..."
"Coming out of my second year at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Graniterock gave me my first internship opportunity. Throughout the summer I met a lot of people and learned a ton about the industry..."
SUMMER 2016 INTERN OPPORTUNITIES
For more information contact Human Resources or call 831.768.2061 and ask for Barbara Kimball, Staffing Manager.