General Engineering Contracting Services
Graniterock Construction Division
In the early years of this century, Graniterock paved roads and highways throughout the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas. Their reputation for completing jobs on-time, within budget, and of the highest possible quality was second to none. Today, this tradition continues with the Graniterock Construction Division. Graniterock Constructionprovides reliable and efficient general contracting services to both public and private enterprise.
- Public WorksHighway
- Site DevelopmentSmall Private Projects
- Commercial Site Development
- Design, Build Projects
- Underground Utilities and Pipelines
- Mass Excavation
- Earth Moving
- Material ProcessingCustom Portable Crushers
- Cement Treated Base
- Roller Compacted Concrete
Graniterock provides a variety of services and has expanded into innovative new product areas. For example, Graniterock asphalt pavers and rollers can be rented by Graniterock customers, giving them flexibility and convenience for completing both small and large paving jobs. And, Graniterock’s one-unit portable Cement Treated Base plant is the first in California. Its unique design allows plant set-up to take place in hours, instead of the days required by other portable plants. This translates into real advantages for our customers, saving time and money.
Graniterock is also the first company in California to develop Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) for industrial and comercial pavement. Graniterock RCC paving gives a better product at lower cost, passing outstanding value on to Graniterock customers.
Graniterock provides recycled demolition disposal sites and recycled base material sales in both Redwood City and San Jose. Rubble from construction demolition can be recycled as road base material or otherwise distributed as a cost-effective and environmentally sensitive solution. Production of recycled material is closely monitored using statistical process control (SPC) techniques to assure the material is highly consistent and within quality specifications. Graniterock’s years of experience in placing portable crushing plants at job sites can bring the benefits of recycling on-site. This results in saving trucking costs to off-haul demolition material and import virgin material, and reduces pollution and traffic congestion that would have been generated by the additional truck traffic.
Graniterock Construction is in the following locations:
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Winner
- American Society of Landscape Architects Professional Award—Palm Drive Reconstruction Project
- AGC—Excellence in Project Management
- California Governor’s Golden State Quality Award
- AGC—Excellence in Client Service
- CHP—Certificate of Achievement
- AGC—Difficult Job—Heavy Engineering
- Santa Clara County Safety Award
- AGC—Safety Award
- California Alliance for Jobs Recognition Award
- NAPA Quality in Construction Award (2)—Highway 280 and SFO