Graniterock announces a sealcoat system based on the Carbonyte Process™. The Carbonyte Process is a technology derived from a decade of vigorous polymerscience research and team development within the Lockheed Martin Missile and Space Company. This process utilizes nano ceramics and ionized minerals which areselectively introduced to create a totally new concept in asphalt maintenance product design. The Carbonyte Process converts asphalt into a superior-performingthermoplastic. Modifying the molecular bonds within the asphalt emulsion and mixture substantially improves the asphalt’s ductility, raises its softening point,increases adhesion to mineral surfaces, and renders the finished product insoluble.
GraniteSeal protects pavement from the deteriorating effects of weather and traffic wear.
GraniteSeal is designed to cure faster than other sealcoats without the use of potentially degrading additives. GraniteSeal dries without the aid of direct sunload, often allowing nighttime installations.
Traffic striping immediately after curing may be achieved without discoloration.
GraniteSeal is resistant to power steering abuse and tire scuffing in high temperatures.
GraniteSeal contains no bio-accumulative metals or chemicals; contains no biocides.
GraniteSeal may be squeegee, broom, or spray applied with the proper equipment.
Top Ten Reasons To Use GraniteSeal Over Other Sealcoats
- Thicker and heavier sealcoat with high-solid content
- More resistant to power steering marks and scuffing
- Stays blacker longer than most sealcoats — see the difference after 6 months
- Cold weather product adds months to your season
- Dries in shaded areas faster, also allows for night work
- Material may be squeegee, broom, or spray applied
- Enhances striping appearance
- No growth or swelling
- Adheres to oil spots better with proper preparation
- No biocides
Browse the various patching material options offered by Graniterock on our Building Materials Catalog.
See also our Hot Mix Asphalt page.
GraniteSeal is available from our locations in: