As a service to the construction community, Graniterock is pleased to offer links to a variety of construction-related sites on the Internet. These include web sites for construction industry organizations and journals, as well as web sites for governmental organizations that are key to the industry.
We have also included links to a number of construction-related forums on the Internet. These are online discussion groups where people around the world can exchange questions, answers, ideas, and comments about construction.
Construction Industry Organizations, Journals, And News
- Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI): Its mission is to increase the application of segmental concrete pavement systems in North American commercial, institutional, governmental, industrial and residential markets.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI): NARI’s core purpose is to advance and promote the remodeling industry’s professionalism, product & vital public purpose.
- Engineering News-Record: Provides the business and technical news needed by anyone who makes a living in or from the construction industry. ENR covers major projects, technological achievements, business conditions, markets, finance, costs, legislation, government, management, labor, construction methods, equipment and materials.
- The Associated General Contractors of California: The voice of the construction industry since 1920, is an organization of responsible construction firms and industry-related companies dedicated to skill and integrity in improving our physical environment.
- Landscape Network: Landscape Network is a national resource guide with articles about landscaping ideas, techniques and designs. Includes a searchable database of landscape designers and contractors across the U.S.
- The National Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association: Merger of National Aggregates Association and National Stone Association. Largest mining association in the world.
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC): International association that promotes and supports the advancement and employment of women in the construction industry.
- Asphalt Contractor Online: How-to articles, industry, and product news. Asphalt, paving, highways, hot mix, road construction.
- Builder and Developer Magazine: Serving the residential California builders, roofing contractors, architects and window contractors.
- Builder Online: Magazine for the home building industry.
- Equipment World Online: Details upcoming equipment auction dates, used equipment reports, industry news and past issues, plus gives technical tips on equipment maintenance.
- Yahoo!’s Construction News: Yahoo’s listing of Construction/Building industry news from Reuters, Business Wire, and PR Newswire.
- Santa Cruz County Builders’ Exchange: The Santa Cruz County Builders Exchange has been proudly serving members in the Santa Cruz County area since 1956, as a non-profit association of Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, and other companies closely related to the construction industry.
- Concrete Parking: A website of the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association which details the benefits of concrete paving, parking, and parking lot structures.
- The Concrete Network: The mission of The Concrete Network is to provide the most useful information about residential concrete products and services in the industry, and to facilitate buyers and sellers connecting with each other.
- Concrete Decor Magazine: Concrete Decor magazine is the best resource for decorative concrete professionals. Their archives span five years of informative articles highlighting the best in architectural concrete design, installation techniques and maintenance. Always at the forefront of the industry, they are the first to expose readers to the latest technology and their departments feature new products as well as advice from the pros on managing a decorative concrete business.
- Asphalt Institute
- National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)
- Foundation for Pavement Preservation (FP²)
- International Slurry Surfacing Association (ISSA)
- Asphalt Sealcoat Manufacturers Association (ASMA)
- Asphalt Interlayer Association (AIA)
- Asphalt Recycling and Reclaiming Associaiton (ARRA)
- California Pavement Preservation Center
- California Asphalt Pavement Association (CalAPA)
- Asphalt Pavement Association of California (APACA)
- California Chip Seal Association (CCSA)
- Institute of Transportation Studies Technology Transfer Program, UC Berkeley
- Flying Turtle Cast Concrete: A design/fabrication studio, specializing in the crafting of fine concrete countertops, fireplaces and furniture for commercial and residential installations.
- Xypex Chemical Corporation: Among other fine products, Xypex offers superior concrete waterproofing by Crystallization.
- Rock Products
- Mission Concrete
- Fast Measure
U.S. Government: Federal Agencies and Departments
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Labor
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- General Services Administration
- Mine Safety and Health Administration
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Geological Survey
- U.S. House Of Representatives
- United States Senate
State of California: State Agencies and Departments
- Business, Transportation and Housing Agency
- California State Assembly
- California State Senate
- Caltrans (Department of Transportation)
- Contractors State License Board
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Division of State Architect
- State of California Department of General Services
- State Lands Commission
- California State Government Home Page
- Caltrans Maintenance Technical Advisory Guide (MTAG)
- Caltrans Standard Specifications
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s (MTC) Pavement Management Program
Bay Area Governments: City/County Government Agencies and Departments
- Monterey County Government
- Santa Cruz City Government
- Capitola City Government
- Santa Cruz County Government
- Seaside City Government
- Marina City Government
- City of Monterey
- Watsonville City Government
- Hollister City Government
- Association of Bay Area Governments