Community Contribution and Responsibility is one of the corporate objectives at Graniterock. All team members are encouraged “to be exemplary citizens of each of the communities in which we operate by actively participating in achieving community goals. The environment is important to us; our actions shall be consistent with environmental responsibility.”
In Santa Clara County:
- Graniterock created approximately 100 acres of wetland and wildlife habitat near Morgan Hill.
In Santa Cruz County:
- Graniterock created approximately 100 acres of set-asides and conservation areas in the Sandhills of Santa Cruz County for 4 endangered and 2 rare species, including a maintenance endowment in perpetuity.
- Graniterock contributed significant data and access to the development of the Sand Hills Conservation and Management Plan (developed by the Land Trust of Santa Cruz County).
- Graniterock annually funds the outreach program for the Sandhills Alliance for Natural Diversity (SAND).
- Graniterock is converting two large ponds of approximately 21 acres in Santa Cruz County into permanent wetlands that will be protected by a conservation easement, including a maintenance endowment in perpetuity.
- Graniterock created approximately 14 acres of wetland and wildlife habitat in Santa Cruz County as part of the Habitat Conservation Plan on the Santa Cruz Sand Plant Property.
Graniterock is pleased to be one of the few ready-mix companies in California totally committed to equip all of our ready-mix trucks with the EnviroGuard Chute Wash System, a completely contained wash-out system.
Environmental Responsibility Team Members
Graniterock is an environmentally friendly company. When appropriate the Company will utilize reclaimed or recycled materials in the manufacture of its products. These products, like all of Graniterock’s products, meet quality assurance standards that exceed industry-accepted standards.